St. Michael and All Angels Church came about through the faith, dedication, determination and generosity of the people of Colehill, and in particular the work of Colonel Leopold Paget who came to live in Colehill in 1865. Sadly he died just before work on the Church was about to begin.
On the festival of St Michael, 29th September 1892, the ground was dedicated, and work began the following year. The Church was dedicated on 11th December 1893 and was finally consecrated 17th June 1895 once the total cost of £2,544 14s 3d. had been paid.
The Church was designed by W D Caröe who was a member of the Arts and Crafts movement and the Church is built in that style. It is built in a warm red brick with a timber frame within, and always provides a warm welcome to all who enter.
If you would like to find out more about this beautiful Church, there is a link below to a booklet which gives details of the architect, the Arts and Crafts movement and provides a guide to the many interesting features to be found in the Church.